OliverMcMillan Confirms 28 Retailers and Restaurants for Buckhead Atlanta
May 12, 2014
Atlanta Business Chronicle
After months of anticipation, OliverMcMillan has confirmed the names of twenty-eight new tenants that will be opening their doors at Buckhead Atlanta. Akris, Bella Bag, Christian Louboutin, diptyque, Helmut Lang, Jimmy Choo, Theory, Tod’s and restaurant Qing Mu are among the newest concepts that have signed agreements to open locations in Atlanta’s newest luxury mixed-use destination.
“Visitors to Buckhead Atlanta will find themselves in one of the most unique and sophisticated shopping experiences in the Southeast,” said Morgan Dene Oliver, CEO of OliverMcMillan. “These new tenants, combined with Buckhead Atlanta’s meticulously landscaped avenues and cobbled streets, will combine to make a remarkable fashion destination.”
This roster of domestic and international retailers will comprise Buckhead’s impressive roster of retailers. The tenants confirmed to date include:
- Swiss fashion label Akris will open its fifth U.S. boutique in a 2,164 square foot space at Buckhead Avenue;
- Luxury purse consignment store Bella Bag will open its 1,178 square foot boutique at Peachtree Road;
- Brunello Cucinelli*, a luxury Italian retailer known for fine cashmere fashions, will open its first Atlanta location in 2,491 square feet on Bolling Way;
- Canali*, a specialist in tailor-made suiting and men’s clothing will open a 2,111 square foot space on Buckhead Avenue;
- French footwear designer Christian Louboutin will open its first Atlanta location in a 1,787 square foot space at Bolling Way;
- diptyque, a French perfumer, will open its first Atlanta boutique in 496 square feet at Bolling Way;
- Luxury Italian fashion label Etro* will open a 2,214 square foot store on Buckhead Avenue;
- Italian fashion house Helmut Lang will open its first Atlanta location in a 2,116 square foot space on Buckhead Avenue;
- Hermès*, a French purveyor of leather, accessories, luxury goods and ready-to-wear will open in a 4,100 square foot space on Buckhead Avenue and Bolling Way;
- British high fashion house Jimmy Choo will open its footwear boutique in 2,162 square feet of space at the corner of Buckhead Avenue;
- L’Occitane*, producer of French beauty and skincare products will open a 2,784 square foot space on Buckhead Avenue;
- Luxury retailer Moncler* plans to open a 1,899 square foot space on Bolling Way to showcase its ski-inspired fashion;
- Scoop NYC*, retailer of luxury, designer and contemporary ready-to-wear apparel, will open a 2,461 square foot space on Buckhead Avenue;
- Shapewear innovator Spanx* will open its flagship store in 2,999 square feet on Bolling Way;
- Theory, a minimalist fashion label started in New York, will open its first Atlanta location in a 2,580 square foot space at Bolling Way;
- Italian shoe and leather goods designer Tod’s will open its first Atlanta location in 2,101 square feet at Buckhead Avenue.
- LDV Hospitality’s American Cut*, a new American steak restaurant, will open its first Atlanta location in a 10,000 square foot space on Peachtree Road;
- Fine dining restaurant American F+B* will open its first Atlanta eatery in a 6,370 square foot space on Buckhead Avenue;
- Corso Coffee*, an Italian-style coffee bar featuring handcrafted beverages, great food and live music will open its Atlanta outpost in a 1,596 square foot space on Peachtree Road;
- Doraku Sushi*, a sushi and sake outpost with locations from Miami to Ho Chi Min City, Vietnam opens its first Atlanta location in 2,725 square feet on East Paces Ferry Road;
- Georgetown Cupcake*, a gourmet cupcake purveyor, will open in 2,700 square feet on East Paces Ferry Road;
- Spanish fusion restaurant Gypsy Kitchen* will open in a 3,750 square foot space on Peachtree Road;
- New York hotspot Le Bilboquet* will open in a 3,686 square foot space on Bolling Way for breakfast, lunch and dinner;
- Lugo Caffé*, an Italian concept specializing in handmade pastas will open in 6,050 square feet on Buckhead Avenue;
- An Atlanta outpost of New York-based Shake Shack*, plans to open in a 2,500 square foot space on Peachtree Road;
- The Southern Gentleman*, a gastropub featuring farm-sourced ingredients, will open in a 3,750 square foot space on Peachtree Road;
- Purveyor of artisan pizzas Thirteen Pies* will open in 4,300 square feet of space on Buckhead Avenue;
- Qing Mu, a noodle restaurant from the owners of Doraku Sushi, will be a brand new restaurant concept that will debut at Buckhead Atlanta in 2,725 square feet on East Paces Ferry Road.
* Denotes tenants previously released through media outlets
“We are dedicated to bringing a diverse roster of best-in-class and first-to-market retail tenants to Buckhead Atlanta,” said Jeff Zeigler, senior managing director of retail services for OliverMcMillan. “This list of tenants shows the national and international excitement for Buckhead Atlanta, and there is more to come!”
Buckhead’s first retailers and restaurants will begin opening their doors this September. Retailers will continue to open through the holiday season and in early 2015.
About Buckhead Atlanta
Buckhead Atlanta, the luxury shopping, dining, entertainment, residential and office development in the heart of Atlanta’s upscale Buckhead neighborhood, is located on eight acres across six city blocks at the intersection of Peachtree and East Paces Ferry roads. Designed to fit seamlessly into the existing Buckhead Village, the destination has pedestrian-friendly streets, lush landscaping, upscale residences, great food and luxury retail shops that are new to Atlanta. At approximately 1.5 million square feet, the completed district will include 300,000 square feet of upscale retail stores, restaurants and cafes, more than 100,000 square feet of office space, and 370 luxury high-rise residences.
Founded in 1978, OliverMcMillan has earned a reputation as one of the largest and most forward-thinking commercial real estate developers. The award-winning firm creates high-quality, artistic, market-appropriate developments and is recognized by industry leaders for its ability to move forward in a nimble and visionary manner. The firm has designed and developed more than eight million square feet with a total value exceeding $3 billion. OliverMcMillan currently has approximately $2 billion in real estate projects under development in cities across the United States, including Houston, Dallas, San Diego, Honolulu, Atlanta and Phoenix. Approaching each project with respect for the surrounding architecture and local culture, the firm works to create vibrant, enduring destinations. For additional information about OliverMcMillan, please visit www.olivermcmillan.com.