The Shops Buckhead Atlanta Brings Art to Life This Summer With Second Annual “Buckhead Loves Locals” Program
June 20, 2017
In collaboration with SCAD, six up-and-coming artists will create one-of-a-kind art installations and murals throughout the property
The Shops Buckhead Atlanta is collaborating with Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) to bring one-of-a-kind art displays to the outdoor center during the second annual “Buckhead Loves Locals” program.
This summer, The Shops Buckhead Atlanta welcomes six current and former SCAD students to create art installations around the property – from a motion-censored, multi-colored LED light creation, to moving paintings and photographable murals. The artists will paint and create their pieces live, giving customers a unique and immersive opportunity to experience the works as they come to life.
“We are thrilled to once again collaborate with SCAD and welcome back our ‘Buckhead Loves Locals’ program,” said Anneliese Reid, The Shops Buckhead Atlanta’s marketing manager. “The program gives our customers an exclusive look at some of Atlanta’s most talented up-and-coming community artists and a unique way to enjoy art throughout the summer.”
The artists will begin their live art installations on July 10 and the pieces will remain on display throughout the center until the end of the year.
This year’s participating artists are:
- SCAD alumni and LED Artist Jordan Graves will create an LED light installation that explores patterns and rhythm through light, motion and interaction.
- Current SCAD student and Atlanta native, Daniel Byrd will create a mural with a unique weaving brushstroke technique to demonstrate the power of expressing your own personal style.
- Visual artist Kaye Lee Patton, a current SCAD student, will deliver a painting inspired by The Shops Buckhead Atlanta’s show-stopping window displays.
- Current SCAD student Kevin Bongang will create an acrylic gestural mural depicting the hustle and bustle of the big city.
- Tyrus Lytton, Atlanta native and current SCAD student and inspired by vintage photographs of Atlanta, will craft a mural that captures the history of Buckhead with high style and living.
- Connor Singh, Atlanta-born artist and current SCAD student, will capture the different backgrounds and cultures in Atlanta in a painting sprouting with various plants and creatures.
Shoppers and art lovers alike are invited to visit these local artists throughout the multi-week installation process and enjoy the finished pieces this summer and beyond.
The Shops Buckhead Atlanta is home to a coveted collection of some of the most prestigious brands in the world. Owned and managed by OliverMcMillan, the open-air destination spans six city blocks bordering Peachtree, E. Paces Ferry and Pharr Roads, and features more than 50 stores and restaurants along a glamorous streetscape setting. Whether it’s shopping at celebrated designer boutiques such as Atlanta’s only Dior, Hermès and Jimmy Choo, to Akris, Brunello Cucinelli, NARS, Tom Ford and more – to dining at culinary powerhouses such as The Southern Gentleman, American Cut and Le Bilboquet – The Shops Buckhead Atlanta is the South’s unrivaled luxury shopping and dining experience.
Nicole Morrison, [email protected], (949) 200-6110